As of 2008, I am no longer adding anything new to this page, just eliminating entries as I finish. Ravelry has made this redundant.
On the Needles
In Need of Finishing
- A cute sweater for me that keeps getting pushed back due to other deadlines. Bought the yarn & pattern at the knitalong, hoping for a cute summer shrug. Fortunately, it's mostly air, so it should knit up quickly. Now started again and on my last piece. The excitement is palpable.
- A mystery knit for the Blake.
- And one for me. Because intrigue is good.
- The Doris Daymat may well be the
secondthird thing I've crocheted - and finished. But it's not done yet.
- Dirk's birthday socks, take two: Hello Yarn's Skull Socks o' Fury with Cascade 220 Superwash. I have to motor on these guys; his birthday is the day after April Fool's and he wants them to double as kilt hose. How fast can I knit two stockings? Hopefully faster than I can knit his avatar. Problems have set in immediately, however: my first attempt at the skull using Fair Isle resulted in monstrous blips of the carry, and a sock that was too thick to fit on my leg. Take two, an under-researched attempt at intarsia in the round, was ripped when the holes became overwhelming. Third try's the charm, which is why you should do your homework first. Only 4 days overdue when knit, but now many more and lying around with eleventy-billion ends to be woven.
-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
KER++($) Exp+ SPM++ Bam+ Steel Wool++ Lux+ Cot Nov Syn Hemp- Stash+(+) Scale+ Fin(-) Ent- Felt+ Lace+ FI Int Flat Circ+ DPN+ Swatch- KiP+ Blog SNB+ EZ+ FO+ WIP++ GaugeW+(Fin) ALTCr+Em
------END KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK------
The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2007.
Don't make me send out the attack toddler.