Monday, September 18, 2006
 
59: gigantic cozy

finished: September 13

Well, not gigantic. But wayyy too big.

For our sixth anniversary (candy) and for finishing teacher's college (yay!), I decided to give the Boy an iPod. I thought that a cool way to tell him this would be to knit him a cozy, then give up the tech. So I made the iPod size of the Technicolour Cozy (Stitch n' Bitch) out of leftover Lily Sugar n' Cream cotton (RIP Lewiscraft). Aren't the stripes fun? I also decided that I was through with li'l squares of velcro, so I made a button hole instead.


Of course, the pattern wasn't written for the mini. So although I was super-speedy & got it knit in one day (our anniversary, in fact), there wasn't much he could do with it. It sat on the shelf; too speedy to even make my current projects list and too cute to discard entirely.

Flash forward 3 weeks to St. Stephen's wedding. St. Jack, his erstwhile roommate, pulls out a battered 1st generation iPod to access wedding songs. I decide that the cozy had found it's destination. So I came home, finished sewing in ends, took one of the old buttons from my vintage fall coat, and completed this giant cozy.

Even the baboushka can't look at it directly.

- Rocketbride's knit-venture of 3:51 PM -

0 cast on -


-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----

KER++($) Exp+ SPM++ Bam+ Steel Wool++ Lux+ Cot Nov Syn Hemp- Stash+(+) Scale+ Fin(-) Ent- Felt+ Lace+ FI Int Flat Circ+ DPN+ Swatch- KiP+ Blog SNB+ EZ+ FO+ WIP++ GaugeW+(Fin) ALTCr+Em

------END KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK------

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2007.
Don't make me send out the attack toddler.