Sunday, July 16, 2006
 
53: punk lolita

Pixie's birthday present took off after I broke up with the Quick and Dirty Fishnets and rebounded with the Lolita Stockings from Knitty. I knit both stockings at once and I bought some pretty ribbon for the lacing weeks in advance. What can I say? We were in love.

However, the honeymoon came to a screeching halt when I tried these stockings on for the first time. It's such a regular pattern that the two places I made mistakes are really, really visible. I wish I hadn't bound off before trying these on. I have the feeling that Pixie will never wear these oddball beauties.

Just for the record, they're made out of two balls of Cascade Fixation, colour #2706 (turquoise). I had some trouble keeping a decent tension with this yarn, and I came up something like 10 rows short at the top. So that's not cool, either. In fact, the only cool things about these stockings are that I knit the best music of StanFest into their fabric, and they're knit fishnets. Other than that, I think we need to see other people.

Update: October 28, 2007!

Labels: , ,


-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----

KER++($) Exp+ SPM++ Bam+ Steel Wool++ Lux+ Cot Nov Syn Hemp- Stash+(+) Scale+ Fin(-) Ent- Felt+ Lace+ FI Int Flat Circ+ DPN+ Swatch- KiP+ Blog SNB+ EZ+ FO+ WIP++ GaugeW+(Fin) ALTCr+Em

------END KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK------

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2007.
Don't make me send out the attack toddler.