Friday, November 24, 2006
 
66: stripey bag, take two

A felted button-hole bag for my mom's birthday, the second bag I've churned out this gifty season. This was knit in less than 24-hours thanks to a whole day of professional development and my own panic. Don't be too impressed; it probably would've been more drawn out if the wool hadn't arrived the day before the birthday. It was still drying when her guests arrived.

I used Elann.com's Peruvian bulky woool (cheap!) and displayed my newfound crochet skills with the cute flower. Crochet turns out one hell of a flower, I must say.

It's a little smaller than I'd expected (looks like it shrunk about 50%), so for the next bag I'll felt it by hand instead of using the washing machine. I like the way the flower turned out, and I threaded it on a pin so Mom can choose the placement (or leave it off altogether). Quick, cute & cheap: who doesn't like that?

Pictures to come when I find my camera!

Labels: , ,


-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----

KER++($) Exp+ SPM++ Bam+ Steel Wool++ Lux+ Cot Nov Syn Hemp- Stash+(+) Scale+ Fin(-) Ent- Felt+ Lace+ FI Int Flat Circ+ DPN+ Swatch- KiP+ Blog SNB+ EZ+ FO+ WIP++ GaugeW+(Fin) ALTCr+Em

------END KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK------

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2007.
Don't make me send out the attack toddler.