Monday, March 21, 2005
 
9: nine lives kitty pillow

Project #9: my first completely self-designed project! This one started off life as part of Project #7 (another classified birthday gift). I started off hating the eyelash yarn (Bernat's "Glam"), so I decided to make something smaller and therefore not feel compelled to poke my eyes out with the needles. Luckily, James' step-mom turned 50 this week, so I had someone to givie it to. And somewhere along the like I actually fell in love with the eyelash, thus making it a suitable gift for a special cat-lovin' lady and not just 'I hate this yarn; get it off my needles and out of my sight'.

I ended up fooling around with texture intarsia to make the cat head (using two strands of the main colour instead of one main and one eyelash) and adding stripes of eyelash and main colour for the back. I think this last bit was influenced by Jillian Moreno's Rockstar Scarf from knitty.

Labels:


-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----

KER++($) Exp+ SPM++ Bam+ Steel Wool++ Lux+ Cot Nov Syn Hemp- Stash+(+) Scale+ Fin(-) Ent- Felt+ Lace+ FI Int Flat Circ+ DPN+ Swatch- KiP+ Blog SNB+ EZ+ FO+ WIP++ GaugeW+(Fin) ALTCr+Em

------END KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK------

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2007.
Don't make me send out the attack toddler.