Sunday, February 12, 2006
 
happy first!

Today is my first knitversary. One year ago today I bought my first pair of needles and some acrylic wool at the Lewiscraft (closed forever yesterday). One year ago I opened Stitch n' Bitch and started givin'r. My mom taught me to knit when I was younger, but I'd never finished anything. I'd always knit too tightly, split stitches, dropped stitches, and given up easily. This time, it was like my needles were enchanted, and I began to see what one could do as a semicompetant knittrix. I think Debbie would be proud.

Year in Review Stats:


By the numbers


Finished objects:


Sources:


* total is higher than FO's because I combined some patterns into one object and some projects into one gift

Distribution:


Whew.

As for my weekly goals, I've finished the trunk of Enzo's green sweater, and am about halfway up one sleeve. I remain completely stymied on my Sockapaloooza project, as I can't find 2.5 mm needles to save my life. I've been to three stores and disappointed on all counts. I'm starting to see my life as a comical montage, with LYS after LYS slamming doors in my face. "You can't do it / so give up now / whatcha gonna knit when the yarn runs out? Ain't that a draaag!"

- Rocketbride's knit-venture of 2:22 PM -

0 cast on -


-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----

KER++($) Exp+ SPM++ Bam+ Steel Wool++ Lux+ Cot Nov Syn Hemp- Stash+(+) Scale+ Fin(-) Ent- Felt+ Lace+ FI Int Flat Circ+ DPN+ Swatch- KiP+ Blog SNB+ EZ+ FO+ WIP++ GaugeW+(Fin) ALTCr+Em

------END KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK------

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2007.
Don't make me send out the attack toddler.