Friday, March 31, 2006
 
knit yourself a life

Hola, amigas. Been a long time since I rapped atcha.

This week I've been using knitting to deal with the pain of working after the March Break. Spring Fever has set in with my students and it ain't pretty. They are a big insolent hyper smelly pack of hormones.

So I've been spending a lot of time on my sock. And what am I using to deal with the pain of Second Sockapaloooza Sock Syndrome? Homemade playdoh, mostly.

I went to Lettuce Knit last weekend in the hope of exchanging my 2 balls of Mission Falls for 2 more useful balls of Mission Falls (I ran out of wool after one mitten, which is one way to delay Second Mitten Syndrome). What I found was that there is no white in the resescuitated organization, or at least no white yet. So I only exchanged one ball, in the hope that I can make my white leftovers work. (I don't know who I think I'm kidding; it's not like I'm in a hurry to knit this second mitten. I can certainly wait until I can get my paws on a ball of white yarn.)

I was also hugely disappointed to find out that Jess Hutchison's book is totally sold-out. How totally sold out? So sold out that she's not making them anymore. Why did I wait this long to realize I needed to knit a robot? Why did I promise Blake that I would knit him said robot?? Now he just asks me about the robot pattern, oblivious to my pain as I explain for the hundredth time that I can't knit him a robot because I can't get the pattern.

That is such a sophisticated concept for a 2-year-old. Even I'm having trouble with it.

To make the two of us feel better, I started her free bunny pattern. This will be just for Blake, and it's turning out beautifully so far. Damn your adorable creative mind, Jessica Hutchison! You leave me wanting more.

Finally, tonight I fixed Henry Rollins. Once I got started, he was surprisingly easy to work with. Of course, I had to cut open his bottom and rip out all his stuffing, but after that it was a doddle.


reuknitted, and it feels so good

- Rocketbride's knit-venture of 4:40 PM -

0 cast on -


-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----

KER++($) Exp+ SPM++ Bam+ Steel Wool++ Lux+ Cot Nov Syn Hemp- Stash+(+) Scale+ Fin(-) Ent- Felt+ Lace+ FI Int Flat Circ+ DPN+ Swatch- KiP+ Blog SNB+ EZ+ FO+ WIP++ GaugeW+(Fin) ALTCr+Em

------END KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK------

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2007.
Don't make me send out the attack toddler.