Saturday, May 06, 2006
 
47: branching out

Woo hoo! I'm finally done!!


Branching out is my first lace scarf. I started in November and crawled along for months. I even joined the knitalong to help me get over my delay. Ultimately, the only thing that helped was beer, episodes of Lost on DVD and a deadline.


Not only is this my first lace project (although I started and finished another lace scarf in the time it took me to finish this guy), this is also the first time I've found it necessary to use a lifeline (good ol' dental floss). That 13th repeat was a bitch: I had to frog it twice and have cried more tears over this scarf than anything I've knit thus far.

Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool, the dark purple.

- Rocketbride's knit-venture of 1:28 PM -

0 cast on -


-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----

KER++($) Exp+ SPM++ Bam+ Steel Wool++ Lux+ Cot Nov Syn Hemp- Stash+(+) Scale+ Fin(-) Ent- Felt+ Lace+ FI Int Flat Circ+ DPN+ Swatch- KiP+ Blog SNB+ EZ+ FO+ WIP++ GaugeW+(Fin) ALTCr+Em

------END KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK------

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2007.
Don't make me send out the attack toddler.