Sunday, September 04, 2005
12: diaper cover

As if washing my own cloth diapers wasn't granola-mommy enough for me, in May I decided not to give my money to The Man when I could be knitting my own diaper covers. I've clearly lost my mind.

Of the many free diaper patters online, I chose Fern and Faerie. This first draft of this project was done in free acrylic yarn, just to see if it would fit. I was under the impression that only wool would work, but I've since read that acrylic can also work as a diaper cover.

It took me 3 months to dredge up the courage to pick up stitches for the ribbed cuffs, but I did and they're gorgeous. I finally had to weave in the last few ends this afternoon because we were all out of clean covers. Nothing motivates like neccessity!

blake, resplendant in his new knitted soaker

- Rocketbride's knit-venture of 6:14 PM -

0 cast on -


KER++($) Exp+ SPM++ Bam+ Steel Wool++ Lux+ Cot Nov Syn Hemp- Stash+(+) Scale+ Fin(-) Ent- Felt+ Lace+ FI Int Flat Circ+ DPN+ Swatch- KiP+ Blog SNB+ EZ+ FO+ WIP++ GaugeW+(Fin) ALTCr+Em


The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2007.
Don't make me send out the attack toddler.