november is NaProFOMo!
Being that the pile next to my knitting chair is growing with each week, and
Being that I have the hand-eye co-ordination of a bee-stung golden retriever but the perfectionist impulse of a captain of industry, and
Being that I avoid failure in finishing up at all costs, including not finishing, and
Being that at least 3 projects would be finished if not for loose ends to be woven in, and
Being that my teddy bear's needed a nose since June, and
Being that I'd rather knit than sew
I declare November to be National Project Finish-Off Month. Yes, just like NaNoWriMo, I need a whole freaking month to come to terms with my fear of turning a beautiful knitted piece into a crappy finished object by way of my clumsy needlework. And because I like starting movements of one (i.e. me), I have rules and a snappy button.
- Finishing off consists of sewing up, weaving in ends, blocking, embroidering, lining, etc. In other words, everything that is done after knitting the piece.
- All knitters will admit that finishing up activities are not as bad as they seem.
- When it is “time for knitting,” knitters will first spend at least 30 minutes or more finishing off earlier projects.
- The only exception to rule #3 is in regards to unstable & portable knitting opportunities: on the road, on the phone, nursing a baby, etc. Simple knitting will be allowed in those moments without the 30-minute buffer.
- Once all projects in the queue have been Finished Off, attention will shift to Projects in Pieces, where only one or more pieces has been knitted in a longer project.
- At the conclusion of NaProFOMo, knitters should brag about their creative fecundity. Yeah, I said fecundity.
- You are allowed to spread the word on NaProFOMo. Take a button if you’re so inclined.
-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
KER++($) Exp+ SPM++ Bam+ Steel Wool++ Lux+ Cot Nov Syn Hemp- Stash+(+) Scale+ Fin(-) Ent- Felt+ Lace+ FI Int Flat Circ+ DPN+ Swatch- KiP+ Blog SNB+ EZ+ FO+ WIP++ GaugeW+(Fin) ALTCr+Em
------END KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK------
The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2007.
Don't make me send out the attack toddler.